Friday 27 December 2013

Please vote for me in the National UK Blog Awards 2014!


Hello everyone. I hope you are all well and have had absolutely spiffing Christmases (yes, even if you're reading this weeks afterwards.)

I write to you this evening to tell you all about an exciting new competition and, yet again, to cheekily ask for your help.

The National UK Blog Awards is a brand spanking new blogging competition, and pretty much is what it says on the tin. I think it's jolly exciting to have a national blog awards, don't you?

Being Highly Commended Best Lifestyle Blog at the Cosmo Blog Awards was one of the biggest achievements of my year, and I am so so grateful for all the support I received. I couldn't have done it without all the kind people who voted for me, so I am here once again to ask for your votes! Sorry.

The National UK Blog Awards 2014 is, in my opinion, an absolutely super idea! Why did we not have one before!? There are lots of different categories, and you can vote for yours truly in a whopping FIVE different ones, should you feel so inclined.

Those categories are: 'Food and Drink', 'Lifestyle', 'Retail and Fashion', 'Travel' and 'Young Persons Blog Award' (for 18-25 year olds.) As a youth (at 21, can I still call myself that?), I particularly think that last category is a fab idea.

My blog is ever evolving, as anyone who's been following my ramblings for a while may know, so it's really exciting for me to be entered into so many different categories. If I manage to have any success in one area, who knows how Handbags and Cupcakes will develop over 2014!

So, just how would you go about voting? Well, lovely people, allow me to make it as simple as possible for you.

Here are my five categories, and each one is linked to the appropriate page:

Food and Drink

Lifestyle

Retail and Fashion

Travel

Young Persons Blog Award (18-25)

After you've clicked the above links, a new page will open, and you simply click on 'vote now'. From there, all you have to do is pop in your name and email address (my blog name, the category and blog type should be already filled in automatically) and Bob's you uncle! You're sorted. A few seconds of your time, a vote for Handbags and Cupcakes and a massive smile on my face.

My award from the Cosmo Blog Awards was such a big boost to me, and I know my blog has come on leaps and bounds since. Just a little bit of recognition can do wonders for a blogger, and it would be absolutely amazing to get another little nod for my efforts.

Believe it or not, I do actually put rather a lot of effort into Handbags and Cupcakes. I love blogging, reading blogs and engaging with other bloggers, so really, I'm thrilled just to be part of the first National UK Blog Awards and the British blogging community as a whole. It's an exciting place to be!

Enjoying reading about my European year abroad adventures? Pop on over to the Travel section. Like trying out my recipes? Click into Food and Drink. Generally enjoying my ramblings? Perhaps you could show your support for me in Lifestyle or the Young Persons Award categories. I cannot tell you how much it would mean to me. Aaaaand voting has actually been open for a few weeks already so I'm pretty behind. Oops.

SO. I shall now stop nagging and leave you all to get voting back to your turkey sandwiches.

If you have any questions about voting, or anything I've unsaid is unclear, do drop me a comment and I'll do my best to help. I'm honestly super grateful for every single vote and second of your time.

MUCHO MUCHO THANKS! Rachel x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Handbags and Cupcakes. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig