Monday 5 August 2013

10 day old black labrador puppies!

 ...and yes, we're getting one!


But before we all get too excited, I should probably say the sad bit first. The reason we're getting a new puppy is that our first ever pet, Coco, sadly had to be put down a month or so ago. She was over 14 years old (particularly long for a lab), which is practically 100 in human years, so she'd had a good innings.

My sister made this cute montage of Coco
RIP Coco
So, with Coco up in dog heaven - and everyone knows all dogs go to heaven - we're left with just our crazy five year old, Peppa. She is a total nut-job. Seriously. But an adorable nut-job so we love her all the same.

Nutter
Peppa likes to sunbathe with me
Unsurprisingly, Holly and I were always going to be keen to get a puppy, but I wasn't expecting Mama Hosie to suggest the idea herself first. Having Mum on board made convincing Dad a breeze.

And then when we found out some farmer friends' had just had a litter of black labrador puppies... Well, it was fate, if somewhat badly timed fate.


Why badly timed?, you ask? Well, you're not supposed to take a puppy home until it's eight weeks old, and the aforementioned puppies are going to be said age the day after I fly to Germany for my year abroad, which is also the day before Holly will be going down to uni for Freshers' Week.

It's really rather unfortunate. Totally pants, you might say. D'you reckon I could smuggle her into my hand-luggage and take her to Germany with me? I'm sure having a puppy to keep me company would be very comforting when I start feeling homesick. Yes, everyone embarking on a challenging venture should have a puppy alongside them at all times. I think that's a brilliant idea.

We went to visit the puppies when they were just ten days old - they were yet to even open their eyes! Poor little things are going to get a shock and a half when they finally do. All the pups were cuddling their brothers and sisters one moment and then fighting each other off to get something to eat the next - classic sibling behaviour, am I right?

Holly and her lil pup
Me and my new friend
So, we had a very long cuddle, sent a fair few snapchats, and generally fell in love with all the pups. I can't wait to go back soon and see them again! Although the puppies were absolutely adorable at 10 days old, it's when they get a little bigger that they become more playful, develop personalities and do general cute stuff.

And so, I leave you with some delightful pictures from our puppy playdate. If these don't brighten up your Monday and bring a smile to your face, I don't know what will.





TOO. CUTE. FOR. WORDS.

Our current dilemma is that we can't agree on a name. Suggestions please!
SHARE:

6 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Handbags and Cupcakes. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig