Wednesday 31 July 2013

RECIPE: Pineapple, passion fruit and raspberry jellies^


I love jelly. Strawberry jelly with vanilla ice cream always makes me think of my childhood, which can also be said for Ribena. So when the lovely people from Unity PR got in touch and asked if I wanted to try out a jelly recipe using their new Ribena flavour, naturally I jumped at the chance.


Jelly is such a fab refreshing pudding, and perfect if you want something a little lighter than, say, Eton Mess (mmm Eton Mess). The new Pineapple and Passion Fruit flavour Ribena is just ideal for summer. I also think fresh raspberries are the perfect compliment to the tropical flavours.


I was sent this recipe concocted by Emily Coates, it serves 4-5 - I used a cute array of mismatched glasses - and here's how I got on:



Ingredients:


500ml Ribena Pineapple and Passion Fruit (two bottles)
200g raspberries (I just used 4-5 in each glass)
5 gelatine leaves (or use a vegetarian alternative)
100ml boiling water
3 tablespoons cold water


Method:

Cutting up the gelatine
1. Break up the gelatine leaves into small cm squared pieces - I found the easiest way to do so was actually to cut with scissors, and I did a couple of sheets at a time to speed up the process.

Dissolving the gelatine
2. Put them in a large plastic jug with 3 tbsp cold water. Stir and hold over a saucepan of boiling water to start dissolving.

Cheeky

Stirring in the yummy Ribena
3. Pour 100ml of just boiled water into the jug followed by the Ribena - obviously have a cheeky sip yourself first, it's delicious! Stir until the gelatine leaves have fully dissolved.


4. Scatter a few raspberries into each glass and pour the jelly mix into the individual glasses, filling up to just below the top. Cover with cling film then leave in the fridge for 4-6 hours and enjoy!


So, what was my verdict? I'd never worked with gelatine leaves before, but they were relatively easy to use. Despite leaving my jellies over night, they didn't turn out as solid as jelly should be. The flavour was yummy, if a little subtle. But maybe that's my fault for having a sip of the Ribena... Oops.

Let me know how you get on if you try them out!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Handbags and Cupcakes. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig