Wednesday 17 October 2012

Being proactive and featuring in Glamour Magazine!

OK, before you get too excited, I should probably explain that title a bit further. I haven't actually written a feature for Glamour (not yet, anyway), but I do feature in the current issue (November 2012). In what way? I hear you ask. Well, I'm on the Mailbag page as this month's winner of Glamour-To-Go, which is where readers send in a picture of themselves "with the latest issue of GLAMOUR in a glamorous location". So there I am, in front of the Hofburg Palace on a beautiful sunny day in Vienna a few weeks ago. To be fair, I'm not looking my finest as it was a HOT day, but the picture is small, thankfully.

Rachel Hosie in Glamour magazine. Boom.
Not only is this exciting in itself, but the lovely people at Glamour are also sending me a "Samsung ST200F camera from the new SMART range", worth a whopping £189! I don't even know what all those technical names mean, but the camera is pink and preeeeetty so I am jolly excited. Who wouldn't love a brand new digital camera!? My current one is so old that the pictures it takes are worse than those of my iPhone. This unexpected gift somehow eases the pain I felt this weekend when I had to shell out £140 on a replacement iPhone after dropping mine in the loo. For the fourth time. Through my own sheer stupidity. Grrr.

People always say to me "Oh, Rachel, you're so lucky! You're always winning competitions and appearing here, there and everywhere." But to be honest, I'm not sure if I'm actually any luckier than anyone else or just more proactive. I've only won this camera because I sent in my picture (after asking my slightly confused friend to take it in the first place), just like I only featured in more! magazine a few weeks ago because I sent in a recipe (for my Lindor cupcakes, if you're interested). You have to be in it to win it, after all. Don't be reactive and wait for things to happen to you, be proactive and make them happen for yourself. It's more fun, I promise.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Handbags and Cupcakes. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig