Sunday 13 May 2012

Made by moi: Pink Diet Coke Bottle Cap Earrings


I don't wear these earrings that often because I'm too worried they might break or fall apart, but I'm starting to think I should, as I always get a ton of compliments on them. People always ask me "Where did you get those earrings!?" And I smugly reply, "Oh, I made them." Anyone who makes their own clothes/jewellery/accessories will agree with me that it's even better saying that than "Oh, I got them on holiday", which is another gem.

Now some of you may be wondering where I got these delightfully bright pink Diet Coke bottle caps from in the first place. Well, dear readers, do you remember Karl Lagerfeld's delightful collaboration with Diet Coke last year?
How can bottles be so beautiful!?
I managed to win a set of his three charming bottles, and the caps were so special that I didn't want to just throw them away, so decided to turn them into jewellery. The bottles are also sitting prettily on my desk/dressing table, occasionally home to a flower or two. As Jack Johnson would say, you've gotta reduce, re-use, recycle!

I have to say that I much prefer ole Karl's bottle designs than the latest ones from Jean Paul Gaultier, below.

pic from fashion.telegraph.co.uk
Which do you prefer?

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Handbags and Cupcakes. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig