Monday 20 December 2010

I'm now officially a working girl! Well, a waitress.

Pic from people.tribe.net
Yes, as of now, I am employed. And very excited about it too. I'm now working in my local Italian restaurant - but we're not talking deep-pan pizzas here (why does everything with me seem to come back to pizza?), it's very swanky, fancy-shmancy food... In all the Michelin guides and what not.

So I reeeaaally didn't wanna mess up my first shift - and Lordy was I nervous about starting the Saturday before Christmas - as I'd been wanting a part-time job for yonks. Last year I never seemed to have time (bit of a pathetic excuse, I know), and last term I was focussing my efforts on my Uni applications (fingers crossed that'll actually pay off!), but next term should be a bit quieter, and I could MAJORLY do with some income from a more reliable source than the odd babysitting job. Although, babysitting has got to be THE BEST job out there: getting paid for sitting on someone's sofa, watching their TV and eating their food... Hell to the yeah! But now being the waitress that I am, I cannot wait to have a bit more dosh in my (Primark-but-doesn't-look-it) wallet, so I can, ahem, start saving for very important things (slash but preeeetty things for myself and feed my handbag addiction! C'mon... You know you'd be the same.)

To make matters worse, who did I happen to be waiting on for my first table of the night? Only one of the senior teachers at my school! I could not for the life of me believe it. I was half expecting him to enquire about my UCAS applications along with what the foie gras is served with (no joke - they really were serving foie gras. I told you it was snazzy!)

But overall, the night didn't go too badly I like to think. I dropped a few forks, said I'd get a man some port and then found out the restaurant don't do port, and managed to get on the wrong side of one of the other waitresses: she was not impressed with me for accidentally putting still water in a bottle that should have had sparkling. Quelle horreur!

After a bloody long six hours on my feet, my back, hands and legs were aching much more than I'd expected, but I was pleased with myself. And apparently the boss was pleased enough too - I've got two more shifts this week! Yippee! So let's hope I learn the ropes quickly, as I hate being the one who doesn't know what's going on, or how the complex systems work.

Fingers crossed!

I'm actually blogging from my iPhone at the moment as I've got such a hectic schedule these days! Clever technology eh?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Handbags and Cupcakes. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig